he home was built in 1854 by George Ashley the operator of the first hardware store in Little Falls. The distinct upper and lower porches with their white pillars were not added to the home until 1900.
In 1959 Mr. Floyd A. Chapman a longtime Little Falls funeral director purchased the former home of Walter Becker a local industrialist, after some minor renovations he opened the doors to the Chapman Funeral Home. In 1969 Mr. Chapman retired and the funeral home was purchased by Donald J. Moser.
Upon the entering of his son Christopher S. Moser to the profession the name was changed to the Chapman-Moser Funeral Home, Inc. Great pains have been taken to maintain the Victorian look of the home both inside and out.
In March 2020, Chris Moser and his family decided it was time to start looking towards the future, and with his future, the future of the funeral home. With priorities being set of keeping the business from becoming owned by a conglomerate, and continuing the loving care that they for generations had given to the families they served, as well as the continued love for the property, a decision was reached to pass this devotion on to Christopher J. Hanley. After knowing each other many years both parties agreed that these were important factors to them and the community and both families agreed these traditions should be continued.